Charming the Mister
Today’s post is for all you wives out there who have forgotten, lost or turned in your flirt card once you said, “I do.”
To the ears of many married women, the word ‘flirting” has a negative ring to it. It carries a lot of hussy baggage belonging to someone traveling down the slippery slope of infidelity. And while the idea of flirting with another man is taboo, it’s also sad that many wives often stop flirting with their husbands as well.
Level-Up Your Definition
Before we go any further, let me stop down here for a moment to introduce you to a next-level definition of flirting, which spiritually speaking, is the way our souls communicate. The SOLSexy Definition of flirting: Gifting others with your time, appreciation, and interest with no need, agenda, or desire to impress or win them over. If it sounds a bit like ‘unconditional love’, it’s because it is. Flirting is our soulful way of spreading positivity and light into the world with no expectations or added desires.
The Importance of Charm
Until you’re able to let that new perspective soak it, let’s move on by flipping the script and replacing the word ‘flirting’, with the word ‘charm’, as in charming your man.
It’s not unusual for a woman to flirt to attract the object of her desire, and then gradually dismiss her charming side as time, kids, and familiarity takes over. But every woman should keep her sensual, charming self, active, and alive.
Here are three great reasons:
1) To maintain your sexual relevance as time goes by. Age is no longer a threat to your sexual confidence.
2) Because sexual confidence gives you a sense of control over your own destiny. No more thinking, “No other man will ever want me.”
3) To avoid the “intimacy” leak that siphons off marital passions.
Flirting with your partner is a crucial part of your ‘maintaining the flame’ toolkit. Flirting helps keep romance and playfulness alive in your marriage. It should not stop at the altar, nor should it stop at your 25th wedding anniversary. Here are six tips to turn up the charm and get you back to your charming self.
Turn Up the Charm.
1. Find your smile again. It’s amazing how often we don’t smile and a genuine smile is your most effective charming tool.
2. Practice. Waiters, gas station attendants, the deli guy. Be charming whenever the opportunity presents itself. The better you get the more powerful you’ll feel.
3. Take those charming feelings and focus on the things that initially attracted you to your husband.
4. Use those fun, charming moves on him when he least expects it. An unexpected compliment or smile out of the blue will do wonders.
5. Listen to him and laugh with him. Just as they do on his single brethren, the more he thinks you find him interesting, the more mysterious and alluring you’ll once again become to him.
6. Have fun and don’t take it all too seriously.
Isn’t he the deserving of the gift of your flirty attention?
Want to feel more connected in your relationships? Watch here!
Hi, I’m Lori Certified Spiritual Love Coach, Author, Confidence Peddler, Angel Scribe, Irreverent Spiritualist, Girl Power Advocate, Love Connoisseur, Sun Lover, Cloud Watcher, Founder, SOL Innovations Coaching Group, The SOLSexy Transformation program andProud Mom.Officially, I am the founder and lead coach of SOL Innovations Coaching Group, which specializes in 1:1 life coaching to build feminine, spiritual, and creative confidence. I am also the creator of the SOLSexy Transformation, an eight-week program designed to teach women self-love, acceptance, and sexual ownership; and Successful, Single, Ready, a six-month program to teach and empower successful women to attract the love and relationships they desire and deserve.Additionally, I am an Emmy award-winning writer, and author of eight books, including Read Between the Lies, Weapons of Mass Seduction, and Can’t Help the Way that I Feel, and The Power of Wow: A Guide to Unleashing the Confident, Sexy You.
As an entertaining motivational speaker, I have delivered workshops to organizations around the country and Mexico, including the University of Maryland, Kean University, Bloomfield University, the Learning Annex, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Jack and Jill, Inc., The GirlMob, The Red Dot Campaign, The Tiger Mom Project, The Links; the Guardsmen, Life Luxe Jazz Festival, and AMCIAH in Los Cabos, Mexico.I have contributed expert commentary on sensuality and relationships to online and broadcast media including Huffington Post, Essence, Psychologies, and Cosmopolitan Magazines, Examiner.com, iVillage.com, Lovingyou.com, and have appeared on numerous radio and television shows including, Sex with Jaiya, Bliss Radio, After Dark Radio, Sex, Lies, and Medical Cannabis, and the Marilu Henner Show.
I am a graduate of the University of Maryland, College Park, with a B.S. in Journalism, and I am a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF), Mothers Off Duty, Inc.,and the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority