When you think about weight loss you probably don’t think about energy. The power of energy and healing has been studied by the likes of scientists, medical professionals, therapists, and healers. People you may have heard of like Deepak Chopra, M. D. or some like Albert Szent-Gyorgi, Nobel Laureate in Medicine who you may not.
In fact, many of these experts believe that the future of health and medicine will focus on the energy field of the human body and how it influences health and healing. Yes, you can release energy for weight loss, too!
To some people, it may sound woo-woo but energy has been studied for hundreds of years and we are now only touching the surface of its power. I don’t mean how energy turns your light on and off, either. Its something more personal.
Did you even know that you can have energy blocks? There are many wonderful tools for clearing your energy or releasing blocks. I have a number of tools that I have found to be extremely powerful and I will show you how to move past any block and take action!
Our genes dance without awareness. Our emotions and behavior have the power to share our biology. this awareness can make a critical difference in health and longevity. C. Norman Shealy, MD, PhD
So let’s talk more about weight loss. The intention to lose weight may come from our conscious awareness. We aren’t happy when we look in the mirror or get dressed in the morning. We don’t feel good in our bodies, have low energy, may even be having medical conditions that worry us, etc., so we want to change all of that.
Then there is something called a counter-intention which may look something like not wanting to exercise, eat vegetables or whatever we consider to be “healthy,” drink more water, or have to stop eating junk food late at night or during the day, binge eat, exercise, etc in order to lose the weight we desire.
There is often an emotional component to a counter-intention. Particularly when it comes to eating a certain way, a need to self soothe or comfort ourselves with food. There may be a hidden emotional need that results in our current habits. Again, if you release energy blocks for weight loss purpose you can succeed.
Counter-intentions can often look like resistance and they are responsible for enormous frustration and hopelessness when it comes to weight loss. They are often unconscious therefore create significant blocks and obstacles to reaching a goal.
One of the best images to demonstrate this is to think of a car driving down the road with both the gas and the brake on at the same time. The car ends up spinning out and going nowhere, right? It goes forward, but is stopped! There is no shame or blame in this. Resistance is normal, more common than not when you are moving towards any goal.
I think you will find that in releasing negative beliefs and counter intentions you will feel much more motivated to reach your goal and be more likely to take inspired action without even having to think about it or struggle too much.
Step One: Discover Unconscious Blocks or Obstacles
These questions often give us information that we hadn’t realized about how we feel and give us a new possibilities for releasing anything holding us back. Comparing ourselves to others is a major obstacle to overcome.
Write your exact weight loss goal clearly and specifically at the top of the first page of your journal. You can state the amount of weight you want to lose, how you want to feel, and what your life will look like to you when you get there for example. This is your conscious intention.
As soon as you state your goal, you may notice negative thoughts and feelings come up. These often take the form of “yeah, but…” and maybe significant internal blocks or obstacles to reaching your goal.
Common examples may take some form of the following:
- “yeah, but I won’t be able to maintain my weight loss,
- “I can’t picture being at my goal weight, I have so far to go”
- “It will take too much work”
- “I haven’t been able to do it before, so why now”
- “I’ll feel deprived and like I have to eat foods I don’t want to eat..
- “Even if I lose the weight I still won’t be happy, so maybe it doesn’t matter”
- “I don’t want to have to give up… (you name the food or habit)”
- “If I lose weight, others will be jealous or try to sabotage me”
- “I don’t want to eat differently than my (spouse, friends, family,)”
3. Rate the negative beliefs by giving them a number from 1-10.
10 feeling the truest or the most intense right now for you, 1 the least.
Step Two: Release obstacles or blocks
We have energy points throughout our bodies called meridians that can be stimulated. If you have ever had acupuncture you understand this concept except have experienced this with the use of needles. However, we can also gently tap these points with our fingertips to receive the benefits with techniques called Emotional Release or tapping.
A simple but powerful technique that utilizes this technique in part is the thymus circle tapping exercise. Locate your thymus gland by finding the center of your chest above your breast line and below your collar bones, right in the middle of your chest. Using the fingertips of either hand come out toward your shoulders about two inches all around the thymus gland area and you will tap in a circle in a clockwise direction to do the exercise below.
How to Release Energy Blocks for Weightloss
- Begin with the most significant or highly rated negative beliefs that you wrote down to release with the thymus tapping as these may be getting in your way the most at this time. Reverse, or reframe each negative belief.
Examples of reversing or reframing beliefs
- “I am able to maintain my ideal weight with ease”
- “Can I be patient with myself as I am taking steps to be healthier”
- “How can I make this easy for myself now”
- “My past does not dictate my future as I am making new better choices right now”
It is important that these reframes or reversals resonate to YOU to be most effective so just keep playing with them until you feel it really hit home. You will know. Also, don’t worry too much about it, just play with them. Try to use “I am” statements only for these affirmations. Using energy release techniques we can make our affirmations even more effective.
2. Repeat each affirmation while tapping in a circle around the thymus gland as directed around 5-6 times for each one. You can do this exercise several times per day for this week or any time you are feeling negatively about your goal. You can add several together too while tapping and not necessarily do them one at a time but try to keep tapping for several rounds more if you do this.
3. After they feel less true, you can cross out the number to signify that you don’t need to keep tapping on that specific belief. Sometimes this can take several days or a few weeks of doing the exercise with each belief. Don’t worry though, this is a relatively fast and effective technique to use.
After You Release Energy Blocks for Weightloss, What Next?
There is a lot of debate about how and what to eat for weight loss, I think that the simple tips work best because they can be easily applied and work for anyone. This advice is not a substitute for working with your medical or other health care provider. Please work with your health care provider ultimately when seeking to make changes with your health.
Increase water intake early in the day upon first waking and hydrate throughout. I’m sure you’ve heard by now that hydration is important to good health but did you know that it can also assist you in losing weight?
Water is critical to every cell in the body and after a long night of rest, the body needs to be hydrated. Drinking enough water first thing in the morning helps to move toxins and increase energy to name just a few more great benefits. Make this a habit every morning and watch your energy increase and cravings decrease.
Tips to make this easy
- Find several 24oz refillable water bottles. Stainless steel or glass is preferable for long term use. Fill one at night and leave it beside your bed. Begin to drink it when you wake up and continue as you get ready for your day over the next hour
- Fill two more water bottles and have them where you will drink them throughout the day. Maybe one in your car, one at work or at your desk and another in your home. Having water ready to go on hand when you need it may sound like a simple thing to do, but it can help to create a habit of drinking enough water daily.
Healthy Lifestyle Maintenence Tip
Creating a lifestyle that supports our health is also key to success. This can often make the difference between a quick fix that doesn’t last and being able to sustain weight loss over time.
Create a space to inspire and restore yourself from 5 to 30 minutes daily As women, we often don’t give as much to ourselves as we do to others. For men, it can be a habit that doesn’t come easily either. Often in our busy lifestyles, we feel we can’t take time to ourselves. This is one of the most powerful tools I know of in creating a healthy lifestyle.
You can use this space to do some of the energy techniques and exercises that are given in this article. Look for additional techniques in future articles. Meditate, read inspirational books or listen to meditative CDs, write in a journal, etc. I recommend using the same space every time for the same purpose. Once you get used to using the same space it becomes easier to use it for the same purpose over time. It becomes habitual. It doesn’t matter if it is just your favorite chair, a corner of a room with comfortable pillows, your bed, or an entire room but be sure to find a place you love being and can have time to yourself.
Much Love, Suzanne
Suzanne is a certified holistic life and business coach, positive psychology practitioner, author, speaker and total comedian. After careers in the dental field, then building a 7 figure retail chain and developing businesses retail… Finding passion in aromatherapy, nutrition and fitness but then burning out, Suzanne decided it was time to follow her heart and create the life she truly desired, with a business that enables her to work on her terms, follow her passions and help high-level clients to gain the clarity, connection and power to access and step into their full potential with maximum health and limitless energy. In less than 5 years Suzanne created a dream mentoring practice, while raising her son and spending more time doing the things she loves. Now guiding others to consciously create the success and fulfillment they dream of. Suzanne is currently based in USA, New Jersey but travels often for business and pleasure. When not running her business Suzanne often will be mixing and blending essential oils or creating magic in the kitchen, and she enjoys being outdoors and in nature in her spare time, paddle-boarding, biking and on adventures with her family. Prosperity Coaching & Consulting Moving Forward with Hope