September 21, 2019 is National CleanUp Day and is being held in conjunction with World CleanUp Day. 157 Countries, 18 million plus volunteers participate worldwide, this is a major day for mother nature!
Here are a few ways that you can help this year:
- Partner or register with a friendly, local non-profit if possible. You can learn more at NationalCleanupDay.org/Events!
- Invite co-workers, friends, and family.
- Talk about it on social media. #NationalCleanUpDay #WorldCleanUpDay
- Hold your own event. Be a good volunteer, have fun, be social, and safe.
- Start your own team at NationalCleanupDay.org/Join-us!
- Tell the world what you did! Invite local Media before event and tell them about results afterward.
- You can even track your area’s progress with my friend’s app Litterati- A Litter Free World. Download it here!
Annette Poliwka is an Environmentalist and Adventurer who empowers women to get outdoors. She inspires and women to challenge themselves, and to connect with their deeper selves.
She passionately helps people take that first step toward their out of doors goals, where they can own their personal power and build momentum around their dreams. Whether you want to start hiking, plan a backpacking trip, or explore your soul’s desires Annette is your go-to gal!
After spending more than 15 years working to protect the environment for local, federal and international governments on Zero Waste, she started her own company to empower women in the outdoors. Her goal is to rekindle our inner flame, to nourish our inner child, and to embark on the outdoor adventures we’ve dreamt about.